Partner Visas

We specialise in Partner Visas and we have successfully dealt with many complex cases over the years.

It really does pay to seek professional advice with partner visas as even what may seem like very straight forward cases can be doomed for refusal if one is not too careful.

There are a variety of different types of Partner visas ranging from:

  • Onshore partner visas (Subclasses 820/801)
  • Offshore partner visas (Subclasses 309/100)
  • Prospective marriage visas (Subclass 300)

Although, it is not technically a partner visa, the subclass 461 is also a type of visa that is usually and mostly applied for by the partners of certain New Zealand citizens.

Partner visas other than the subclass 300 visa are available to applicants who are either the spouse or de facto partner of either:

  • An Australian citizen
  • An Australian permanent resident
  • An eligible New Zealand citizen (note: not all New Zealand citizens are defined as eligible New Zealand citizens)

Partner visas are made up of two visas, a temporary partner visa and a permanent partner visa.

Partner visas are applied for at the same time and in some instances may be granted together at the same time also.

Instances where partner visas are both granted at the same time are where relationships have been defined and assessed as long term relationships.

Processing times vary but can range on average from 6 to 38 months.

Partner visa applications start at $8,085

Members of the family unit may be eligible to be included in a partner visa application.

In some instances, relationships may also be eligible to register their relationship in order to become eligible to apply for a partner visa.

Partner visas are very complex applications and due care must be taken when preparing these types of applications.

Remember, there are virtually no refunds should something go wrong with your application!

This information is not intended to be or taken as migration advice as each case varies in complexities and circumstances. You should always consult an immigration lawyer or a registered migration agent to form an informed opinion on your immigration matter.

First step to getting help is to reach out to us

Our Happy Clients

Join our Regular Newsletter for Updates

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.